Semolina Halwa is a tasty Indian dessert which can be prepared easily in no time.It is an essential sweet dish for most of the Indian festivals.
It can also prepare like a pudding.Semolina Halwa can be give to babies from sixth month onwards. You can give as a pudding for babies of age below one year.
Different flavours of semolina Halwa can be made by adding almonds,cinnamon powder and cardamom.
First you have to dry roast the semolina. Dry roasting helps to reduce the cooking time of semolina.It also helps the semolina to preserve longer.
- 1 cup Semolina/Rava
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 cup Water
- Cashew nuts
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- Dry roast semolina in a Pan .
- Heat ghee in a Pan .Roast the cashews .Similarly roast raisins and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a Kadai.Add water,sugar and turmeric powder. (Here I used turmeric powder to get the yellow color for the Halwa.I do not prefer to use artificial colours.)
- Let the mixture boil.If you want add sugar according to your taste.
- Now add the roasted semolina.Stir continuously to avoid any lump in the mixture.Add few cashews and raisins to this mixture.Stir well and let it become completely dry.Along with cashews and raisins you can also add chopped almonds.
- Garnish with remaining cashews and raisins.
- Now the Semolina Halwa is ready to serve.