Carrots are nutrient rich root vegetables.Carrots contain rich amount of beta-carotene,fiber and vitamins . I always try to make carrot dishes in our diet atleast once a week.Try this Carrot Thoran/Carrot Stir Fry.
- 3 Carrots chopped
- 2 Green chilly
- 5 tbsp grated coconut
- 5 cloves crushed Garlic
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 2 Red Chilly
- 1 tbsp oil
- Curry leaves
- Add oil in a Kadai. Splutter mustard seeds.
- Add red chilly and curry leaves.Add crushed garlic and saute it until it gives off its aroma.
- Add a pinch grated coconut into this and toast it well.
- Now add the chopped carrots and fry it for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder and salt.
- Add enough water and allow it to cook well.
- Let the water dry off completely.