Prawn is one of the famous seafood used worldwide.It contains high amount of calcium,iodine and protein. The high zinc level in prawns make them a great food for the immune system.
Here is the recipe of tasty Prawn Curry using traditional Kerala spices.
- 500 gm Prawns
- 3 Onion chopped
- 2 Tomato chopped
- 2 Green chilly
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Chilly Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Garam Masala
- Tamarind soaked in water
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 2 Red chilly
- Curry leaves
- Heat oil in a Kadai.
- Add curry leaves.
- Splutter mustard seeds and add red chilly.
- Add chopped onion and saute it until it become transparent.
- Roast ginger garlic paste with onion.
- Now add turmeric powder,chilly powder,pepper powder and Garam masala and stir well until the raw smell is gone.
- Add chopped tomatoes and green chilly.Roast it until tomatoes are fully cooked.
- Add the tamarind water into and stir well.
- Add cleaned Prawn into this mixure and let it cook well.