The Elephant yam is fiber rich food and helps to reduce cholesterol in the body. The elephant yam is one of the most essential ingredient of Kerala Koottu curry. Today for lunch I have prepared Thoran using Elephant yam .
- 1/4 kg Elephant yam (Finely chopped )
- 4 Cloves garlic
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tbsp Chilly powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 2 Red chilly
- Curry leaves
- Heat oil in a Pan , splutter mustard seeds.
- Add red chilly and curry leaves.
- Add the garlic and saute it.
- Add the chopped elephant yam into it and fry it .
- Add turmeric powder,chilly powder and salt.
- Add water and cook the elephant yam until it becomes tender.
- Turn off the flame when the elephant yam gets completely dry.