Today we are going to prepare a tasty fish curry. I am not a great fan of fish but my family loves it. So in our lunch we usually include fish.Now let us see how to prepare a Kerala style mackerel curry.
- 500 gm Mackerel
- 2 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 2 Green chilly
- Curry leaves
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1tbsp Chilli powder
- 1tbsp Coriander powder
- Coconut milk
- 1tbsp Mustard seeds
- Fenugreek seeds
- 2 Red chilly
Marinate mackerel with turmeric powder,chilli powder and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds to it.
- Add red chilly and curry leaves to the heated oil.
- Add chopped ginger and garlic.
- Add chopped onion and saute it.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt to it.
- Add chopped tomatoes and green chillies to it.
- Add water and boil the mixture.
- When the mixture starts thickens add fish to it and let it cook for some time.
- Add Coconut milk to this mixture.
Now the Kerala style mackerel curry is ready to serve.